Here are ways to prepare in case there is a fire at home.
1. Install and Maintain Smoke Detectors Stay safe by placing a smoke detector outside of each sleeping area and every level of your home.
2. Plan Your Escape Route Prepare by planning your escape route. Be sure that there are at least two ways to get out.
3. Practice Fire Drills Anticipate your escape by practicing what to do in the event of a fire. Time your fire drill with the goal of getting out in less than 2 minutes.
4. Decide Where to Meet Plan a place for everyone in your home to safely meet outside.
5. Prepare for the Call
Be sure to prepare and keep visible the following information when calling for help in the event of a fire:
- Local Fire Department Phone Number
- Your Address